Saturday, March 29, 2008

Internship

Well, I haven't updated much about my travels, but they have been good.

Last weekend (Easter) I went with Alex and Ben to the Great Barrier Island. We camped for 4 nights, and mainly spent the whole time relaxing on the beach. On Easter night, we stayed at a christian campground, but we happened to be there for their annual Easter Camp. There was late night Jesus rock and then a polar bear plunge at about 4 in the morning, proceeded by more Jesus rock music. Pretty intense. The last day, Alex and I tried fishing and snorkeling. We didn't catch anything, but we were offered a huge fillet of smoked snapper, so we took that and had a nice dinner.

Since then, I have been to my internship, which has been quiet a good time. I am enjoying it very much. It is a school for cerebral palsy, and I am a teacher aid, which has already been rewarding. Next week we have an overnight camp, and that should be interesting...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

i am jealous of your camping trip. it sounds fun. i can't wait to go camping in maine...or where ever it was you wanted to go.

ps- quite!